National Service Scheme aims at developing healthy contacts between the students and the teachers on the one hand and establishing a constructive link between the campus and the community on the other hand. The students and the teachers together with their active and combined participation in social service paves way for the national development. It also develops the personalities of the students through community service. Keeping these ideas in mind, there are 50 students/volunteers enrolled in the NSS. These volunteers are engaged in regular as well as special camp activities in and around the college as envisaged under the spirit of the scheme. Interested students can contact Sh. Virender Sharma, Assistant Professor, Commerce.
Rovers & Rangers
The college has introduced Rovers and Rangers from the academic session 2014-15. The purpose of the enrollment is to contribute to the development of young students in achieving their full physical, intellectual and social potential as individual and as responsible citizens contributing to the community. Young adults ( males ) are enrolled as Rovers and ( females ) as Rangers in the college. The Rovers and The Rangers will be given training of leadership for the service of motherland and mankind. Students can contact Ms. Punam Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, Political Science and Sh. Sarwan Kumar, Assistant Professor, Chemistry.
Career guidance cell
Career guidance , counseling and placement activities have become very important and integral part of the functioning of educational institutions in the emerging and demanding environment which provides a number of opportunities to the educated youth. The cell works under the guidance of the placement officer who whole heartedly support its functioning. This cell facilitates in choosing a right direction in the career paths of the students. Seminars on job opportunities are offered by various industries like IT, Banking and Insurance etc. for the benefit of the students. The cell is functional in the college and Mrs. Jyotsna, Assistant Professor, English can be contacted for any enquiry regarding career and professional information.
Women Grievances Redressal Cell
Women Redressal Cell is constituted in the college. The cell will deal with the cases/ complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching & non- teaching women staff of the college. The cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable action thereon in the manner and mode as per the college norms. This cell is headed by Punam Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science.
College Magazine “Markand Dhara” is published every year to cultivate creative writing skills among the students. The magazine has three sections viz. English, Hindi and Pahari. Students willing to contribute their write ups for the college magazine can contact the staff editors of various sections of the magazine. Mrs. Namrata Pathania, Assistant Professor, English is the chief editor of the magazine.
Sports are vital for the development of the overall personalities of the students. They not only keep them fit but also make them active and energetic. Sports inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship and brotherhood among the students. Our institution provides excellent sports facilities to the students and different activities related to the sports are carried out throughout the academic sessions under the supervision of Mr. Sudarshan Kumar, Associate Professor Hindi .
Clubs and Societies :
Various clubs and societies are framed in the college for the smooth functioning of extra-curricular activities.
- Literary Club President Jyotsna, Assistant Professor
- Eco Club President Mr. Sudarshan Kumar, Associate Professor
- Society of Social Sciences President Nisha Kumari, Assistant Professor
- Red Ribbon Club President Vandana, Assistant Professor
The College offers the following Scholarships and Concessions
1 Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojna for the students of SC/OBC Category.
- Swami Vivekanand Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojna for the students of General Category.
- Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojna for the students of ST Category.
- Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojna.
- Kalpna Chawla Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojna.
- Post- Matric Scholarship Scheme to SC/ST/OBC students.
- IRDP Scholarship
- Minority student scholarship scheme.
- Handicapped scholarship Scheme.
- Sainik Welfare Scholarship.
- Sh. Vanshidhar Sharma Memorial Scholarship for excellence in Academics/Sports/Cultural activities.
Ragging A Punishable Offence
Ragging Means any act, conduct or practice by which dominant power of senior students is brought to bear on the freshly enrolled or in any way considered junior by other students which involves physical and psychological assault or threat to other students or use of force or violation of dignity and honour of such student or expose students to ridicule and affect their self esteem or entail verbal abuse, aggression, indecent gestures and obscence behavior.
Any student found involved in ragging will be punished strictly by the college authorities and such penalization may include:-
- Expulsion from the college.
- Suspension from the classes.
- Fine with a public apology.
- Withholding scholarships or other benefits.
- Debarring from the repersentation in events.
- Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess.
- Legal proceedings under criminal law shall be initiated. It includes imprisionment for a term which may extend to 3 years or with fine which may extend to 50,000/- or with both.