RULES AND PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION
Admission to bachelor’s degree course will be according to Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) “Admission to 2nd and 3rd year will be on roll-on basis.”
- The student will first appear before the admission committee after filling up the admission and other forms attached with the prospectus.
- After the forms are processed and signed by the relevant Admission Committee, it will be retained by the Admission Committee and the student will be directed to go to the relevant fee- counter to deposit his/her dues and other funds where he/she will be issued receipt for fee, PTA fund and Roll No. On production of the fee receipt and a passport size photograph, the identity card will be issued from the library.
- ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR FIRST YEAR
- Admission will be purely on merit and on the basis of the number of seats available in each major subject.
- The student will first fill up the admission form and other forms attached with the prospectus before the admission committee. It will be retained by the Admission Committee and the list of students to be admitted will be displayed later on specified date on notice board. The listed students will have to deposit his/her dues and other funds where he/she will be issued receipt for fee, PTA fund and Roll No. On production of the fee receipt and a passport size photograph, the identity card will be issued from the library. If any student fail to deposit the fee in stipulated time, his or her should be considered vacant and will be allotted to next student in the waiting list.
- GENERAL RULES:-
- Admission will be strictly on fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
- No. of seats in B.A., and B.Com are limited, i.e., 80 seats in each major subject in B.A. and commerce.
- Any gap in the academic career of an applicant must be supported by documentary evidence. (Attach Affidavit)
- Failed or Compartment candidates from other college will not be admitted.
- Application form must be complete in all respects along with the following documents. i) Original Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- ii) Self attested copies of detailed marks card of the previous examination
iii) Self attested copy of Matriculation Examination/ Date of birth Certificate.
- iv) Three passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph of the candidates (one pasted on Bio-Data card and another on the admission form and one to be used for library card later) and stamp size for identity
- v) Copy of Aadhar
- vi) Two Passport size photograph of the parent/guardian to be affixed on PTA membership form (Guardian means only blood relation and but not a student of this colle Only parents can be the members/office bearers of PTA Executive)
vii) Girl student seeking admission in any class must bring an attested copy of H.P. Bonafide certificate to avail concession in fee (Tuition fee only).
- A students must produce original certificates at the time of admission.
- Candidates coming from Boards/Universities other than HP Board of School Education/HPU Shimla must produce migration certificates in original.
- Rules for admission are subject to change as per HPU notifications from time to time.
- Admission of a student is liable to be cancelled if he/she furnishes incomplete/wrong/false information or in case of concealment of facts. Disciplinary action will also be taken against such candidates.
- Notwithstanding eligibility for admission, the Principal can refuse admission if the conduct of a student has not been up to the mark during past years.
- Initially, all the admissions will be provisional (i.e. subject to approval by H.P. University).
- A student can migrate from one college to another in accordance with the rules laid down by the H.P.University. However, such students must obtain the approval of the concerned Admission Committee.
- Students seeking exemption from tuition fee for disability must attach an attested copy of 40%
- The Principal reserves the right to disallow or cancel any admission.
- Candidate seeking admission for the first time in this college must be accompanied by his/her parents/guardians to the admission committee.
- A candidate who applies for re-evaluation shall not be entitled to claim any retrospective benefit such as admission/promotion in any course/class.(Rule:6.70 (e) H.P.University Ordinance
- One seat is reserved for wards of Kashmiri Migrants in each stream. (Letter no. EDN-H(8)-4(1)
- Students who have passed 10+2 from national open school and seeking admission in 1st year must be clearly pass in all the subjects. (Letter no. 4-9/94 HPU (Acad.) dated April 29,2002/
- One seat is reserved for “Single Girl Child” in each stream in addition to usual 80 seats.
- Eligibility for Admission:-
- a) A student who has passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent course can get admission in the first year degree course if he/she fulfills the eligibility
- b) Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to Com. Programme.
- c) An applicant must not be more than 23 years (25 years for girls) of age as on 01-07-2016 e, must not have been born earlier to 01-07-1993 (01-07-1991 for girls). However, in case of overage candidates, the vice-Chancellor may allow age relaxation up to six months. In case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe students, relaxation in age up to three years is allowed as per rules.
- e) An applicant, failing in all subjects or having compartment in 10+2, will not be