RULES AND PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION
Admission to bachelor’s degree course will be according to choice Based Credit system (CBCS)
Where admission to 2nd and 3rd year will be on roll-on basis.
- The student will first apper before the admission committee after filling up the admission and other forms attached with the prospectus
- After the forms are processed and signed by the relevant Admission Committee, it will be retained by the Admission committee and the student will be directed to go to the relevant fee- counter to deposit his/her dues and other funds where he /she will be issued receipt for fee, PTA fund and Roll No. On production of the fee receipt and a passport size Photograph, the identity card will be issued from the Library
A ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR FIRST YEAR
- Admission will be purely on merit and on the basic of the number of seat available in each major subject.
- The student will first fill up the admission from and other forms attached with the prospectus before the admission committee. It will be retained by the Admission Committee and the list of student to be admitted will be displayed later on specified date on notice board. The enlisted student will be issued receipt size photograph, the identity card will be issued from the library. If any student fails to deposited the fee in stipulated time ,his or her seat should be considered vacant and will be allotted to next student in the waiting list.
B GENERAL RULES:-
- Admission will be strictly on fulfillment of eligibility condition.
- of seats in B.A., B.COM & B.SC. are limited, i.e., 80 seats in each major subject in arts , commerce and Science.
- Any gap in the academic career of an applicant must be supported by documentary evidence.(Attach Affidavit)
- Failed or Compartment candidates from other colleges will not be admitted.
- Application from must be complete in all respects along with the following documents
- Original Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Self attested copies of Matriculation Examination Date of birth certificate.
- Self attested copies of detailed marks card of the previous examination passed.
- Three passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph of the candidate(on pasted on Bio-Data and another on the admission from and one to used for library card later) and stamp size for identity card
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Two passport size photographs of the parent/guardian to be affixed on PTA membership from(Guardian means only blood relation but not a student of this college. Only parents can be the members/office of PTA Executive)
- Girl student seeking admission in any class must bring an attested copy of H.P. Bonafide certificate to avail concession in fee(Tuition fee only).
- A student must produce original certificates at the time of admission.
- Candidates coming from Boards/Universities other than HP Board of School Education /HPU Shimla must produce migration certificates in original.
- Rules for admission are subject to change as per HPU notification from time to time .
- Admission of a student is liable to be cancelled if he/she furnishes incomplete/wrong/false information or in case of concealment of facts Disciplinary action will also be taken against such candidates.
- Notwithstanding eligibility for admission, the principal can refuse admission if the conduct of a student has not been up to mark during past year.
- Initially, all the admission will be provisional(i.e. subject to approval by H.P. University).
- A student can migrate from one college to another in accordance with the rules laid down by the H.P University. However, such student must obtain the approval of the concerned Admission Committee.
- Student seeking exemption from tuition fee disability must attach an attested copy of 40% disability certificate.
- The principal reserves the right to disallowed or cancel any admission.
- Candidate seeking admission for the first time in this college must be accompanied by his/her parents/guardians to the admission committee
- A candidate whon applies for re-evaluation shall not entitled to claim any retrospective benefit such as admission/promotion in any course/class(Rule:6.70(e) H.P.University ordinance 1973).
- One seat is reserved for wards of Kashmiri in each stream/(letter no. EDN-H(8)-4(1)92001-GNEL-7)
- Student who have passed 10+2 from national open school and seeking admission in 1st year must be clearly pass in all the subject.(Letter no. 4-9-94 HPU (Acad) dated april 29,2002/
- On sheet is reserved for “single Girl Child” in each stream in addition to usual 80seats.
- The vacant reserved seats meant for SC and ST categories which remain unfilled after exhausting the list of available and eligible SC and ST candidates, should be thereafter offered and filled from amongst eligible candidates from open category on the basis of merit. In case any cut off limit has fixed , then only those candidates of open category should be admitted against the vacant seats, who have gained marks at per with the cut off limit.
- Eligibility for Admission:-
- a) A student who has passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent course can get admission in first year degree course if he/she fulfills the eligibility condition.
- B) Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to B.com. and those who have passed the qualifying examination with science stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc.
- c) An applicant must not be more than 23 years (25 years for girls) of age AS ON 01-07-2018 i.e, must not have been born earlier to 01-07-1995(01-07-1993 for girls). However, in case of overage candidates, the vice-Chancellor may allow age relaxation up to six months. In case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe student, relaxation in age up to three years is allowed as per rules.
- D) An applicant, failing in all subjects or having compartment in 10+2, will not be admitted.